From: Sebastian Pipping <sping@g.o>
To: gentoo-doc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-doc] Xorg Documentation Suggestion
Date: Tue, 01 Jun 2010 08:00:16
Hello Roger,

On 06/01/10 02:55, Roger A. Simoneau wrote:
> Greetings; > > I've been in the process of upgrading (been a couple years). I ran into > a bit of an issue that took a bit to resolve. My suggestion comes based > on what I did to resolve the issue. > > Please add a reference to the X Server Configuration Howto that the > individual may require emerging xf86-input-evdev prior to execution of > the X server. In my case, that package wasn't automatically emerged > when I emerged the Xorg server.
from what you describe I have the impression that status quo may need fixing rather than documentation. How come xf86-input-evdev is needed but not a dependency? Is it a bug in the ebuild? Was your usage unusual in any way? Could you research that for us and come back with more details? Thanks, best, Sebastian