From: wireless <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-doc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-doc] Pentoo-installer
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2013 17:29:24
1 I just used the latest version of pentoo-installer.
2
3 Quick recon: The only difference is make.conf is in
4 /etc/portage/ ?
5
6 Anyone thought of just testing the pentoo-installer to
7 install gentoo, quick and easy?
8
9 Just a thought, so don't get your panties in a bunch
10 over this idea.
11
12 I just think there should be a basic, easy install for gentoo.
13 Pentoo offers that based on hardened (tool-chain and kernel).
14
15 If there is a glaring problem with Pentoo, please post or drop
16 me private email. The only problem I see is that it does not offer ZFS
17 in the menu during installation. Googling does suggest that Pentoo
18 runs on ZFS quite nicely, I've just got some more research to do.
21 Another idea: What flags and configs would I have to change, if any,
22 to keep the hardened tool-chain and kernel, but otherwise convert the
23 Pentoo installation into a Gentoo system ?
24
25 Or is Pentoo, just a specific needs gentoo installation?
26
27 hth,
28 James