From: "José Fournier" <jaaf.forums@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-doc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-doc] French documentation : no more cam's French documentation information
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2013 08:58:40
1 On 03/13/13 09:13, Xavier Miller wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > After some months of inactivity, some french speaking volunteers
5 > proposed to continue to contribute to the update of the very old
6 > french documentation.
7 >
8 > I tried to get the status left by the official absent team, but the
9 > page with the tools is no more accessible :
10 > https://dev.gentoo.org/~cam/gentoo-doc-fr/ is dead.
11 >
12 > So the volunteers cannot contribute, I will stop this volunteer lead
13 > and let the french documentation in the hands of the Gentoo developers.
14 >
15 > Could you please update that documnentation or delete it ? It is too
16 > comfusing for french-speaking people, we get still now remarks about
17 > HAL (can I say "LOL" ?).
18 >
19 > Kind regards,
20 > Xavier Miller.
23 Hi Xavier,
24
25 I am presently in the course of updating the French documentation, with
26 the help of Sven Vermeulen that commits the files for me. Please don't
27 remove them now as I already did almost all the handbook, the
28 alsa-guide, the alternative installation guide. Some of the files are
29 still waiting for committing in bugzilla.
30
31 I am volunteerto revive the French team but I was explained by Sven that
32 it can take some months before I can demonstrate my ability to doso (I
33 am not a developer).
34 This is not a problem to me as I feel enthusiastic and things are going
35 well the present way.
36
37 Regards
38