From: Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o>
To: gentoo-doc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-doc] Some questions about Chinese tranlation of Gentoo documentation.
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2014 17:08:30
1 On Mon, Oct 13, 2014 at 10:00:07PM +0800, AR wrote:
2 > Hi, all.
3 > I have some questions about translating of gentoo documentation
4 > projects.
5 > Let me introduce myself first. I'm a Chinese language user ( I'm from
6 > China mainland) of Gentoo Linux for about 3 years.
7 > I've found the link of Chinese language version of gentoo documentation
8 > Â had been removed for at least half year. AFAIK, Gentoo Linux has some
9 > Â users in China, a documentation in native language will be nice.
10 > After reading Translators Howto for Gentoo Documentation. I guess maybe
11 > Â Chinese version of documentation was not updated for a long time. Is
12 > Â there any Chinese language translator leads or follow-up guys right
13 > now
14 > Â I can get contact with? If no, I would like to help. Since I spend
15 > lots
16 > Â of my time with Gentoo, I think I can handle translating these
17 > documen-
18 > tation and keep them updated.
19 > It is good if you give me some information or directions.
20
21 Hi
22
23 The easiest way to start contributing translations is through the Gentoo
24 Wiki. There is specific support for translations on the wiki, and
25 documentation about it is on it as well.
26
27 I don't know who is still working on or responsible for the Chinese
28 translations and language support, but if no-one steps up on that, we can
29 get you started for translating the Gentoo Handbook as well.
30
31 Wkr,
32 Sven Vermeulen