From: Douglas Anderson <douglasjanderson@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-doc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-doc] This months GMN
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2008 13:01:05
Hi, I was in contact with Anant about with month's GMN. He sent me some
forwards and I spent about 4 hours getting some stuff rounded up. I got
quite a bit of it done and forwarded it back to him 5 days ago, but I now
realize he's away, so if there's any one else that could salvage this
month's newsletter, here's what I have:

Couple thing I wasn't sure about, as it was my first time:

* The song that was submitted needs to be preformatted (if you even want to
include the
lyrics in the body of the newsletter, that's up to you), but wrapping
in <pre></pre> labels it as code. Not sure how to work around that.

* I read the council meeting minutes, but couldn't really figure out when
the next meeting is scheduled for, probably better for you to ask a
council dev directly.

*I slightly reformatted and used a news item from
neddyseagoon's site which hasn't been released:
http://dev.gentoo.org/~neddyseagoon/docs/Foundation_News.xml<http://dev.gentoo.org/%7Eneddyseagoon/docs/Foundation_News.xml>.
emailed the trustees to check that this was OK but haven't gotten a
response. You'll probably want to check with Roy and make sure this
version is OK to ship.

*What should we do for tips? If you don't have
something lined up already, we could use one of
these?
http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-715980.html
http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-79791.html

Really, it's my first time doing this and I wasn't in contact with anyone so
there's probably a lot of little stuff that could be ironed out... but if
anyone has the time, let's not let it go to waste! :)

-Doug

200811-newsletter.xml text/xml