From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-doc@l.g.o
Cc: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-doc] Handbook restructuring proposal
Date: Wed, 07 May 2008 08:18:05
1 On Wednesday 07 May 2008, Chris Gianelloni wrote:
2 > On Sat, 2008-05-03 at 18:15 +0200, Sven Vermeulen wrote:
3 > > I understand that it allows the networked to be prepared for future
4 > > changes (like upcoming openrc stuff), but chances are that openrc
5 > > becomes stable at a different point in time than a specific release.
6 >
7 > Actually, we asked specifically for this to be held until 2008.1, since
8 > it won't be ready in time for 2008.0, so this is actually one major
9 > change that will coincide with a release.
10
11 and openrc isnt even close to release onto stable. we've broken enough
12 unstable boxes as it is.
13 -mike