From: "Paweł Hajdan
To: gentoo-doc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-doc] Moving stuff to Gentoo Wiki?
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2012 21:19:40
1 On 3/27/12 9:05 PM, Sven Vermeulen wrote:
2 > As the GDP isn't as large as it used to be (I think we have 2 to 4 active
3 > participants/developers currently, coming from a 20+ situation) we might
4 > want to consider moving documents we can't handle currently onto the Gentoo
5 > Wiki. Most of us either don't know the technologies described in it too
6 > well, or we need some help from the community...
7
8 Sounds good. For some reason people like wikis...
9
10 I generally prefer GDP, but it's obviously not possible to have 4 people
11 handle the same load as 20 people. By the way, I think that after your
12 return Sven the GDP can attract more contributors.
13
14 > License-wise, this should be okay, as there is a version-up clause in the
15 > CC-BY-SA license most documents use. It would also allow us to focus on the
16 > installation instructions and, who knows, have some input for the Gentoo
17 > Wiki Knowledge base at http://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Knowledge_Base:Main_Page
18 > ;-)
19
20 Would the licensing also allow eventually taking the wiki articles and
21 adding them to GDP?