From: Ed W <lists@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] uclibc + glib 2 - possible?
Date: Mon, 06 Jul 2009 11:23:12
1 yoshi watanabe wrote:
2 > 2009/7/6 Ed W <lists@××××××××××.com>:
3 >
4 >> Does anyone have any suggestions to getting glib 2.6 or newer to build
5 >> against uclibc 0.9.30.1 (or similar)?
6 >>
7 >> The docs claim it's masked because glib 2.6 and newer require iconv, which
8 >> is increasingly unavailable on newer uclibc builds...
9 >>
10 >> Actually I don't need locales, I just want to build gpsd to use dbus, and
11 >> that appears to require a recent glib ... Any suggestions?
12 >>
13 >> Thanks
14 >>
15 >> Ed W
20 > yes, there is a hack on bugs gentoo org , bug #104468 . it seems like
21 > not much is happening with this bug, unfortunately :/
25 Hmm, interesting - patch seems clean - will try it shortly. Anyone
26 tried it on a more recent glib and can point out any issues before I
27 spend too much time on it?
28
29 Thanks
30