From: Daniel Vergien <daniel.vergien@×××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-embedded] Problems using crossdev
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 13:04:23
1 Hi list,
2
3 I just try to use sys-devel/crossdev. I follow the embedded handbook
4 (http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/base/embedded/handbook/index.xml)
5
6 I've created a toolchain with:
7
8 crossdev -t i686-pc-linux-uclibc
9
10 Using the i686-pc-linux-uclibc-gcc also worked like in the handbook.
11
12 As the next step I wanted to get the cross-emerge like in section 3.
13
14 I've set:
15 CBUILD=i686-pc-linux-gnu
16 CHOST=i686-pc-linux-uclibc
17 SYSROOT=/usr/i686-pc-linux-uclibc
18 ROOT=$SYSROOT
19 PORTAGE_CONFIGROOT=$SYSROOT
20
21 and added sys-devel/crossdev ~* to my package.keywords
22
23 but "emerge crossdev" fails like this:
24
25 gentoo-dev ~ # emerge --verbose --pretend crossdev
28 !!! /usr/i686-pc-linux-uclibc/etc/make.profile is not a symlink and
29 will probably prevent most merges.
30 !!! It should point into a profile within /usr/portage/profiles/
31 !!! (You can safely ignore this message when syncing. It's harmless.)
34 !!! If you have just changed your profile configuration, you should revert
35 !!! back to the previous configuration. Due to your current profile being
36 !!! invalid, allowed actions are limited to --help, --info, --sync, and
37 !!! --version.
40 Have I done something wrong with the environment settings? Since It's
41 not really clear to me if I have to have them all.
42
43 Regards
44
45 Daniel