From: Janusz Syrytczyk <jsyrytczyk@×××××××××.pl>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] Embedded stage - why kernels and headers 2.4 not 2.6?
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 00:23:32
1 > Why all kernels below 2.5 are ok and others are masked?
2
3 You look, you find:
4
5 "unlike the default-linux and standard hardened profiles we felt it
6 unneeded to force a 2.6 sub profile or we did not wish to have to
7 maintain twice as many profiles. Also all the last releases
8 were for all 2.4.x kernels. upgrading to 2.6.x is easy as -pie
9 however.. Just update headers, uclibc, kernel and modules.
10 Then go update everything else where needed. "
11
12 by Ned Ludd-2
13
14 Janusz