From: Christopher Friedt <chrisfriedt@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] Building packages
Date: Sun, 08 Mar 2009 16:26:53
1 Hi Tim,
2
3 You may have already gotten past this point, but in order to start
4 building packages for the OpenMoko, the right place to start off with
5 is a cross-compiler.
6
7 I have a cross-compiler pre-built for i686, which you can install with:
8
9 PORTAGE_BINHOST=http://vaiprime.visibleassets.com/~cfriedt/toolchains/i686-pc-linux-gnu/arm-softfloat-linux-gnueabi/All
10 \
11 emerge -avG1 cross-arm-softfloat-linux-gnueabi/{binutils,linux-headers,gcc,glibc}
12
13 You should then
14
15 emerge sys-devel/crossdev-wrapper
16
17 Remember to set FEATURES="buildpkg" in
18 /usr/arm-softfloat-linux-gnueabi/etc/make.conf so that whenever you
19 build something, the binary tbz2 package is created as well.
20
21 Also, if you are going to cross-compile glibc, then use the -B
22 argument to emerge, otherwise it will overwrite your cross-toolchain
23 libc in /usr/arm-softfloat-linux-gnueabi.
24
25 Cheers,
26
27 Chris
28
29 On Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 8:49 AM, Sven 'sleipnir' Rebhan