From: Christian Affolter <c.affolter@××××××××××××××.ch>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] Automatic module loading not working?
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 10:56:09
1 Hi
2
3 > Hi, I apologise if this is a very newbie question, but - I have an Alix
4 > board and custom kernel which doesn't seem to be autoloading kernel modules
5 >
6 > The Alix is running 2.6.29, uclibc 0.9.30.1, busybox 1.14.2, Udev 141,
7 > openrc 0.40. When I insert any hardware, eg trying now with a USB GPS
8 > then I get a bunch of general USB nodes created, but the pl2303 module
9 > (used with this device) is not auto loaded. If I modprobe this module
10 > then everything works as expected.
11
12 As a simple workaround add your module to /etc/conf.d/modules
15 Regards
16 Chris