From: Ed W <lists@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] Automatic module loading not working?
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 11:09:51
1 Christian Affolter wrote:
2 > Hi
5 >> Hi, I apologise if this is a very newbie question, but - I have an Alix
6 >> board and custom kernel which doesn't seem to be autoloading kernel modules
7 >>
8 >> The Alix is running 2.6.29, uclibc 0.9.30.1, busybox 1.14.2, Udev 141,
9 >> openrc 0.40. When I insert any hardware, eg trying now with a USB GPS
10 >> then I get a bunch of general USB nodes created, but the pl2303 module
11 >> (used with this device) is not auto loaded. If I modprobe this module
12 >> then everything works as expected.
15 > As a simple workaround add your module to /etc/conf.d/modules
18 Actually it's a good idea, but in this case I am trying to support quite
19 a few devices and I moved a bunch of them into modules because it seemed
20 to be slowing down my boot times by quite a bit (mainly all the serial
21 to usb adaptors).
22
23 Basically I need to try and understand what I am missing because it's
24 going to cause some subtle problems down the line when I try to do some
25 more advanced udev rules
26
27 Grateful for any tips?
28
29 Currently I'm wondering if it's some unsupported command line being
30 passed to modprobe? I see some old emails about this, but it's curious
31 that I don't see any errors here, syslog/dmesg shows no errors either?
32
33 I think I'm missing something simple...
34
35 Thanks
36
37 Ed W