From: Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Cc: Ed W <lists@××××××××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] Correct uclibc profile to use?
Date: Sat, 24 May 2008 15:50:15
1 On Fri, 2008-05-23 at 18:10 -0400, Mike Frysinger wrote:
2 > On Friday 23 May 2008, Ed W wrote:
3 > > > When Robin returns from Hong Kong etc.. We should see what we can do
4 > > > about having our mailing lists outright reject posts that are text/html.
5 > > > It messes up archives and the likes.
6 > >
7 > > I think this is a fairer option than simply moaning about it - at least
8 > > there is sensible feedback then.
9 > >
10 > > Another middle option is to use an html to text convertor (demime is
11 > > one, but it munges attachments). It's fairly trivial to knock up
12 > > something better in perl though
13 >
14 > from what ive seen with other lists, this tends to be a messy and overhead
15 > issue. but i'm not admining our list servers, so i cannot say for sure.
16 >
17 > best to reject & educate i think
18
19 No low hanging fruit that can be fixed here...
20 Going to have to stick with the educate method as Robin says there is no
21 easy way to accomplish html filtering with our list server setup.
24 Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
27 gentoo-embedded@l.g.o mailing list