From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Cc: Ed W <lists@××××××××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] Correct uclibc profile to use?
Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 22:10:31
1 On Friday 23 May 2008, Ed W wrote:
2 > > When Robin returns from Hong Kong etc.. We should see what we can do
3 > > about having our mailing lists outright reject posts that are text/html.
4 > > It messes up archives and the likes.
5 >
6 > I think this is a fairer option than simply moaning about it - at least
7 > there is sensible feedback then.
8 >
9 > Another middle option is to use an html to text convertor (demime is
10 > one, but it munges attachments). It's fairly trivial to knock up
11 > something better in perl though
12
13 from what ive seen with other lists, this tends to be a messy and overhead
14 issue. but i'm not admining our list servers, so i cannot say for sure.
15
16 best to reject & educate i think
17 -mike