From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] crosscompile and libraries path
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2006 09:12:20
1 On Saturday 15 July 2006 05:24, Erwan Bracq wrote:
2 > If I set LDFLAGS for some specific dirs with -L I'm breaking something
3 > in cross-emerge and it can find the libc.
4
5 dont add -L to LDFLAGS ... if you need to do this, you're doing it wrong and
6 you'll just end up with headaches (i know from personal experience :p)
7
8 make sure the libraries can be found via the normal lib search path (ie
9 sysroot in /usr/CTARGET)
10
11 > I need to do this because some external libraries are required (and
12 > these libraries are inside the root_filesystem like libcurses.* for bash).
13
14 the root of your troubles is your mixing of development and target in $ROOT
15
16 if you keep things cleanly separated, development headers/libs in /usr/CTARGET
17 and target runtime libs in $ROOT, then it should just work
18 -mike