From: Erwan Bracq <boxr1@××××.fr>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] crosscompile and libraries path
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2006 19:31:42
1 Mike Frysinger wrote:
2 > On Saturday 15 July 2006 05:24, Erwan Bracq wrote:
3 >
4 >> If I set LDFLAGS for some specific dirs with -L I'm breaking something
5 >> in cross-emerge and it can find the libc.
8 > dont add -L to LDFLAGS ... if you need to do this, you're doing it wrong and
9 > you'll just end up with headaches (i know from personal experience :p)
10 >
11 > make sure the libraries can be found via the normal lib search path (ie
12 > sysroot in /usr/CTARGET)
15 >> I need to do this because some external libraries are required (and
16 >> these libraries are inside the root_filesystem like libcurses.* for bash).
19 > the root of your troubles is your mixing of development and target in $ROOT
20 >
21 > if you keep things cleanly separated, development headers/libs in /usr/CTARGET
22 > and target runtime libs in $ROOT, then it should just work
23 > -mike
26 Hi
27
28 > the root of your troubles is your mixing of development and target in $ROOT
29
30 Yes, that's the point, I want to merge development and target due to
31 native compilation possibility (it's a development root filesystem) and
32 I want to keep clear the cross tool dir as much as possible.
33
34 I've started to play with rpath ld option and things are not to bad (the
35 libc is now found) but I continue to break on final link with other
36 libraries. I'm trying now to change the ld settings to include more
37 search path (when binutils are emerged)
38
39 If I can't get something good with new ld search path, then I will put
40 required libraries in /usr/CTARGET.
41
42 Thanks for your help.
43