From: Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-embedded] crossdev ARCH variable
Date: Mon, 04 Aug 2014 00:58:50
1 I'm wondering how the ARCH variable is supposed to be set by crossdev;
2 it doesn't seem to be working at the moment.
3
4 I can see that crossdev sets ARCH in make.conf. It also sets the
5 profile to embedded. The embedded profile contains this in
6 make.defaults:
7
8 PROFILE_ONLY_VARS="ARCH ..."
9
10 So the ARCH variable in make.conf is ignored, which causes failures
11 whenever something references ARCH or the corresponding use flag.
12
13 I am currently hacking around this by setting ARCH in
14 /usr/$CHOST/etc/portage/profile/make.defaults.
15
16 I'm thinking that profile setting PROFILE_ONLY_VARS="ARCH" should be
17 removed. Or we could make my /etc/portage/profile workaround part of
18 crossdev proper.
19
20 What do you think?