From: Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-embedded] Re: crossdev ARCH variable
Date: Mon, 04 Aug 2014 02:53:39
1 On Sun, Aug 3, 2014 at 8:58 PM, Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o> wrote:
2 > I'm wondering how the ARCH variable is supposed to be set by crossdev;
3 > it doesn't seem to be working at the moment.
4 >
5 > I can see that crossdev sets ARCH in make.conf. It also sets the
6 > profile to embedded. The embedded profile contains this in
7 > make.defaults:
8 >
9 > PROFILE_ONLY_VARS="ARCH ..."
10 >
11 > So the ARCH variable in make.conf is ignored, which causes failures
12 > whenever something references ARCH or the corresponding use flag.
13 >
14 > I am currently hacking around this by setting ARCH in
15 > /usr/$CHOST/etc/portage/profile/make.defaults.
16 >
17 > I'm thinking that profile setting PROFILE_ONLY_VARS="ARCH" should be
18 > removed. Or we could make my /etc/portage/profile workaround part of
19 > crossdev proper.
20 >
21 > What do you think?
22
23 Apologies for not reading the previous list traffic. I see this issue
24 has already been discussed in a previous thread.