From: Ed W <lists@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] netplug for embedded
Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 13:51:30
1 > Luckily for you, baselayout will automagically support either, so simply
2 > emerge one or the other, restart the interface and voila.
5 Cool.
6
7 Will give it a try right away
8
9 On a related note - I haven't yet got the wifi stuff setup - but if my
10 requirement is that the wifi card autoroam onto one of the configured
11 access points, then is that something which will "just work" out of the
12 box? (Baselayout-2 + madwifi-ng wifi card). The final install will be
13 used like a laptop and roam around between hotspots and it would be
14 extremely attractive if the thing just jumped on automatically as it
15 came within range. I believe this is possible, but haven't ever tried
16 any wifi stuff under gentoo before...
17
18 Cheers
19
20 Ed W