From: Roy Marples <roy@×××××××.name>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] netplug for embedded
Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 08:26:03
1 On Thursday 28 February 2008 20:43:52 Ed W wrote:
2 > Hi, what is everyone else doing for a hotplug that brings up udhcpd when
3 > an ethernet cable is connected?
4
5 We're using either ifplugd or netplug. netplug is a lot smaller, but relies on
6 good drivers. ifplugd on the other hand works with nearly every driver and is
7 a tad bloated.
8
9 > Related question - I thought everything which caused a netlink event
10 > should also cause a hotplug event? If so then why aren't I getting a
11 > hotplug event..?
12
13 Incorrect, I think. However, both ifplugd and netplug respond to netlink
14 events.
15
16 Luckily for you, baselayout will automagically support either, so simply
17 emerge one or the other, restart the interface and voila.
18
19 Thanks
20
21 Roy