From: Christopher Friedt <chrisfriedt@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] openmoko overlay?
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2008 20:37:15
1 Right now I'm working on getting Android up and running on my OpenMoko
2 Freerunner.
3
4 Has anyone else on the list checked it out?
5
6 My strategy right now is to translate a handful of opcodes found in
7 the >= ARMv5 ISA into equivalent ARMv4 ISA sequences and then add any
8 hardware-specific libs for the FreeRunner, as necessary. One thing I'm
9 really wondering about is how performance will compare (if at all)
10 between the s3c2442 and something like the msm7201, given that the
11 s3c2442 lacks the DSP cores. Is the s3c2442 really up to the task of
12 running Android?
13
14 I've got a page going here:
15
16 http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Android
17
18 There are also a few sources for Android-compatible kernel patches at
19 the moment.
20
21 Cheers,
22