From: Martin Guy <martinwguy@×××××.it>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] openmoko overlay?
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2008 21:10:58
1 On 10/26/08, Christopher Friedt <chrisfriedt@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Right now I'm working on getting Android up and running on my OpenMoko
3 > Freerunner.
4 >
5 > Has anyone else on the list checked it out?
6 >
7 > My strategy right now is to translate a handful of opcodes found in
8 > the >= ARMv5 ISA into equivalent ARMv4 ISA sequences
9
10 Someone tried something very similar and eventually admitted defeat,
11 but wrote a stunning tech article on their efforts at emulating the
12 missing instructions in the kernel
13 http://benno.id.au/blog/2007/11/21/android-neo1973
14 Enjoy! I did!
15
16 That was before android was open-sourced. You may now be able to
17 compile it for armv4t
18
19 M