From: wireless <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] arm router with 3 ports
Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2010 19:04:12
1 Arkadi Shishlov wrote:
2 > On 04/06/10 01:45, wireless wrote:
3 >> such, but, I'm thinking more along the Cortex A9 family
4 >> of processors....
5 >>
6 > http://focus.ti.com/general/docs/wtbu/wtbuproductcontent.tsp?templateId=6123&navigationId=12843&contentId=53243
7 >
8 > Are they only available for professional developers of big companies right now?
9 > Must wait for BeagleBoard to migrate to OMAP4.
10 > BTW, if I want to hack on Tegra/Tegra2 or Snapdragon what is my option? Purchase
11 > a consumer device, which one?
16 Once I get 'the sale pitch from TI' I'll post back, if you
17 like. I have a strong relationship with TI and they have not
18 dissapointed me in the past. I'm not sure what I'm after is
19 a dev board that is in the price range of the Beagle, but,
20 when I spin boards, the cost will approach the Beagle boards.
23 If other have an interest, we could combine our needs and
24 spin a common board, then folks that want one, just pay me
25 for (my) cost on the boards. No layout or design time
26 charge, just trying to get the quantity up to a dozen or so...
27
28 I put H.264 hardware solutions on the boards too, so that
29 runs up the costs. TI says it's very low now, but, I'm
30 waiting to hear my costs......
31
32 ???
35 James