From: Christoph Spielmann <spielc@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] Some question about gentoo/openmoko
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 10:10:34
1 Hi! I can't answer your questions as i'm one of the cross-compilers but i do
2 have one question: You said you are using gentoo on the freerunner. Does
3 that mean you use it as the main OS (including phone related stuff)? Because
4 almost everybody had to give up (including myself yesterday) using Gentoo on
5 a daily basis because we all had troubles getting the phone-related stuff to
6 work reliably. The funny thing is that almost everybody faces different
7 problems (using shr i can call other ppl without problems but i can't answer
8 incoming calls and for dagger for example it's exactly the other way
9 around).
10
11 To answer one question: Well if the sheevaplug uses a arm4-softfloat
12 processor it should be possible to use it for native-compilation fir the
13 phone (i guess that's what you want to do) But i think it would be easier
14 just to get the gta02-devboard from openmoko as this has exaclty the same
15 hardware as the freerunner itself.
16
17 HTH,
18