From: Shinkan <shinkan@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-embedded] Cross emerging to a given root.
Date: Wed, 02 Dec 2009 18:31:46
1 Hi again to all,
2
3 I emerged a cross-compiler on my host.
4 It's not to compile to a different arch than my host, but to compile with
5 given versions of glibc/binutils, to be sure that some bins will run on my
6 target system.
7
8 1) Is there any other way to do that without emerging a cross-compiler on my
9 host ?
10
11 When I try to cross-emerge bash on my target dir, it fails because it
12 doesn't find curses lib.
13 I fixed that by cross-emerging ncurses on /usr/$CTARGET, then retrying to
14 cross-emerge bash on my real target.
15 Is there any conf-based way of telling cross-emerge to look for its libs in
16 my real target and not on /usr/$CTARGET.
17 I want /usr/$CTARGET to just have the cross-compiler. I wants cros-emerged
18 suff to be somewhere else.
19
20 Thanks in advance.
23 Pierre.
24 "Sometimes when I'm talking, my words can't keep up with my thoughts. I
25 wonder why we think faster than we speak. Probably so we can think twice." -
26 Bill Watterson