From: Ryan Tandy <tarpman@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] Cross emerging to a given root.
Date: Wed, 02 Dec 2009 20:17:56
1 Shinkan wrote:
2 > I emerged a cross-compiler on my host.
3 > It's not to compile to a different arch than my host, but to compile
4 > with given versions of glibc/binutils, to be sure that some bins will
5 > run on my target system.
6
7 If you aren't cross compiling, you could start a chroot using an
8 appropriate stage for your target architecture. Then once you had the
9 appropriate toolchain set up in that chroot you could install packages
10 in that chroot, build them there and merge them to a different ROOT, or
11 even just build binary packages. I don't think crossdev is necessary at
12 all for what you're trying to do.
13
14 Thanks,
15 Ryan