From: andreas.sumper@×××××××××.at
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: Re: [gentoo-embedded] ftdi ft232r programming howto
Date: Tue, 04 Jul 2006 07:50:49
1 Joshua ChaitinPollak <jpollak@×××××××××××.com> schrieb am 07/03/2006
2 05:38:40 PM:
3
4 > On Jul 3, 2006, at 10:25 AM, andreas.sumper@×××××××××.at wrote:
7 > Hi list!
8 >
9 > Has anybody ever tried to communicate through a ft232r, which is a
10 > usb to rs232 converter?
11 > I read through the documentation of ftdi (www.ftdichip.com) but all
12 > I found, was the documentation for windows.
13 > I want to make this converter work on an embedded linux box, running
14 > a 2.6.14 kernel, including the module (ftdi_sio)
15 > I see the device (/dev/ttyUSB0) but, how can I configure it
16 > (buffers, transfer speed, ...) and how can I read from the device
17 > and write to the device.
20 > If you are using C, just use it exactly like you would use a serial
21 > port and it will work fine.
22 >
23 > If you see ttyUSB0 already, I'm sure everything is working
24 > correctly, but just to be sure, you need the usbserial portion of
25 > the kernel and the correct USB to serial drivers compiled into the
26 > kernel, or as a module.
27
28 I see the ttyUSB0 - device and I tried to work with it, just like ttySx.
29 the strange thing is, that after a very short period, the application
30 running on the embedded board seems to not get any more data from the
31 device. I guess, this is due to buffering things or so. That´s why I asked
32 for some code or header file to be included, to set the correct values. I
33 have to port a qt-application to the system. The application itself works
34 on windows as well as linux and on the embedded board. But on windows, one
35 has to set the properties of the usb-device through the driver. That´s why
36 I asked for code, on how to do this on linux.
37
38 Thanks in advance!
39
40 kind regards,