From: Joshua ChaitinPollak <jpollak@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] ftdi ft232r programming howto
Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2006 15:39:49
1 On Jul 3, 2006, at 10:25 AM, andreas.sumper@×××××××××.at wrote:
4 > Hi list!
5 >
6 > Has anybody ever tried to communicate through a ft232r, which is a
7 > usb to rs232 converter?
8 > I read through the documentation of ftdi (www.ftdichip.com) but all
9 > I found, was the documentation for windows.
10 > I want to make this converter work on an embedded linux box,
11 > running a 2.6.14 kernel, including the module (ftdi_sio)
12 > I see the device (/dev/ttyUSB0) but, how can I configure it
13 > (buffers, transfer speed, ...) and how can I read from the device
14 > and write to the device.
17 If you are using C, just use it exactly like you would use a serial
18 port and it will work fine.
19
20 If you see ttyUSB0 already, I'm sure everything is working correctly,
21 but just to be sure, you need the usbserial portion of the kernel and
22 the correct USB to serial drivers compiled into the kernel, or as a
23 module.
24
25 -Josh
29 Joshua ChaitinPollak