From: Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] Making a stripped-down version of Perl
Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2005 00:00:26
1 On Wed, 2005-06-01 at 18:27 -0400, René Rhéaume wrote:
2 > > Still probably no harm in having a minimalistic perl around in the
3 > > portage tree. We just cant promote such ideas and being any part of
4 > > proper embedded solutions due to file size and memory/cpu consumption
5 > > that goes along with using perl itself.
6 > Exactly, I would like a minimalistic Perl, not pushing Perl into
7 > embedded systems really. I just thought embedded projects like cutting
8 > the fat. Sorry for the inconvenience my wording caused. As miniperl
9 > means trouble, I will try the perl-base way.
10
11 You should file a bug at bugs.gentoo.org for perl@gentoo when you have
12 ebuild patches ready to go. You will probably want to key this
13 functionality on the minimal USE flag perhaps.
16 Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
19 gentoo-embedded@g.o mailing list