From: "René Rhéaume" <rene.rheaume@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] Making a stripped-down version of Perl
Date: Wed, 01 Jun 2005 22:34:10
1 > Still probably no harm in having a minimalistic perl around in the
2 > portage tree. We just cant promote such ideas and being any part of
3 > proper embedded solutions due to file size and memory/cpu consumption
4 > that goes along with using perl itself.
5 Exactly, I would like a minimalistic Perl, not pushing Perl into
6 embedded systems really. I just thought embedded projects like cutting
7 the fat. Sorry for the inconvenience my wording caused. As miniperl
8 means trouble, I will try the perl-base way.
11 > Weather putting autotools on an embedded system is
12 > wrong or not... you can build a very small version of
13 > Perl if you are using uClibc. Then just control which
14 > perl packages you emerge.
15 I was writing about the main Perl package only, not the extra CPAN modules.
18 gentoo-embedded@g.o mailing list