From: "josé Alberto Suárez López" <bass@g.o>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] current recipe for creating an embedded gentoo x86 box?
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 14:26:30
1 you can try this: http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/base/embedded/gnap.xml
2
3 El mié, 28-11-2007 a las 20:24 -0800, John Utz escribió:
4 > Hello;
5 >
6 > I have something that i am working on that i would like to migrate from
7 > a crusty old rh62 thing to a spanky new gentoo thing.
8 >
9 > At it's crudest, it seems to me that i could just install x86 2007.1 up
10 > to stage 3 and be off to a not too bad start.
11 >
12 > But there is no way that i need a compiler or anything like that on the
13 > box so stage3 has more things on it than i need.
14 >
15 > I cant imagine that i am the first person on eath that ever wanted to
16 > do something like this.
17 >
18 > But i have googled with some degree of vigor over the last few months
19 > and not come up with any sort of succinct list of things to do to
20 > create such a box.
21 >
22 > Has anyone created something like this and would they be willing to
23 > share the steps they took to do it?
24 >
25 > tnx!
26 >
27 > johnu