From: John Utz <john.utz@×××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-embedded] current recipe for creating an embedded gentoo x86 box?
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 04:25:48
1 Hello;
2
3 I have something that i am working on that i would like to migrate from
4 a crusty old rh62 thing to a spanky new gentoo thing.
5
6 At it's crudest, it seems to me that i could just install x86 2007.1 up
7 to stage 3 and be off to a not too bad start.
8
9 But there is no way that i need a compiler or anything like that on the
10 box so stage3 has more things on it than i need.
11
12 I cant imagine that i am the first person on eath that ever wanted to
13 do something like this.
14
15 But i have googled with some degree of vigor over the last few months
16 and not come up with any sort of succinct list of things to do to
17 create such a box.
18
19 Has anyone created something like this and would they be willing to
20 share the steps they took to do it?
21
22 tnx!
23