From: Ed W <lists@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] looking for a embedded platform with extended temperature range
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 14:05:33
1 On 28/04/2010 21:45, Marcus Priesch wrote:
2 > for the latter, gumstix look promising but i am a little unsure how they
3 > perform ... and they only sell directly from the us. ...
6 Have you looked through all the routerboard range?
7
8 The "Linux Devices" website is great for checking out what industrial
9 boards are out there. Probably your needs are satisfied by some
10 industrial solution?
11
12 Note I would have thought min temp is not a problem. I would think that
13 the main issues with cold are simply icing, frost, fans freezing and
14 other mechanical things like HDs?
15
16 Patrick who makes the Alix boards is very approachable - you could ask
17 him what modifications are necessary to meet those targets? You would
18 at least get an explanation of the practical issues?
19
20 Also consider the cost of simply running the units out of operating spec
21 and estimating failure costs over X years... Might be cheaper to buy
22 twice as many and just let them fail?
23
24 Good luck
25
26 Ed W