From: Matthijs Kooijman <matthijs@×××××.nl>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] Correct uclibc profile to use?
Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 08:05:08
1 Hi,
2
3 >> You can post html, thats fine. You do risk people not reading it though,
4 >> because they're lazy, like me and don't want to open an external viewer.
5 >> People still do use text clients, you know.
6 I strongly prefer text email as well, it conveys exactly the information I
7 want it to convey and does not come with the "feature" of email authors being
8 able to select their own favorite fonts and colour schemes. And yes, I know
9 that clients can override that, but what's the point in using HTML if you do?
10 :-p
11
12 Anyway, I wasn't planning on starting the next holy war, so let's answer your
13 question.
14
15 > Genuine question - does Mutt not have an inline html filter/viewer? I use
16 > claws on an N810 which seems to handle html fine, but never really got into
17 > mutt myself?
18 I'm using mutt and it's not handling html itself. However, it can open html
19 parts just as any attachment, and my mailcap says it should use lynx (or w3m?)
20 to open text/html files. So, selecting the html part and pressing enter is
21 enough to get a reasonable readable version of HTML emails. Still, it's enough
22 to significantly break the routine in my work process, so half of the time I
23 don't bother.
24
25 Gr.
26