From: wireless <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] arm router with 3 ports
Date: Mon, 05 Apr 2010 23:03:16
1 Arkadi Shishlov wrote:
2
3 >> Any ARM processor based suggestions?
4
5 > BeagleBoard + USB Ethernet?
6 > or this http://www.olimex.com/dev/sam9-L9260.html
7
8 > The first one might be a Linux device:
9 > http://www.ovislinkcorp.co.uk/wais1000g.htm
10 > http://www.ovislinkcorp.co.uk/WL-8000VPN.htm
13 Yea, they look cool. I could hack usb-ethernet (FTDI) or
14 such, but, I'm thinking more along the Cortex A9 family
15 of processors....
16
17 http://focus.ti.com/general/docs/wtbu/wtbuproductcontent.tsp?templateId=6123&navigationId=12843&contentId=53243
20 > Do you need 3 ports?
21 > Use VLAN tagging or just trust the peers and use single port for all subnets.
24 Well, I'm trying to combine several needs into one board
25 (H.264, routing, security and LOW POWER). Rf(ethernet) is
26 nice but not necessary. Being Lazy (old and slow), I was
27 hoping one of the younger (whipper_snappers) was working on
28 something like this.
31 I drop an email to the TI FAE and see what they have for
32 ready to go boards (dev) boards.