From: Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
To: "Peter S. Mazinger" <ps.m@×××.net>
Cc: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] some more corrections for uclibc
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 21:10:31
1 On Mon, 2004-06-28 at 12:09, Ned Ludd wrote:
2 > On Mon, 2004-06-28 at 09:17, Peter S. Mazinger wrote:
3 > > Hello!
4 > >
5 > > 1. gzip-1.3.5 produces text relocations, the assembler code is not
6 > > correct, I have disabled the use of it
7 > done
10 > > 2. missing parent file for uclibc
11 > done but I don't like it.
12 > I just don't buy that we _need_ less,net-tools,openssl,openssh,sash,nano
13 > into a base.
14
15 The more and more I think about this..
16 I really don't think we need alot of the cruft provided by 'base'
17 How about we drop 'base' and come up with a 'core' top level where we
18 drop things like openssl/openssh/iputils/net-tools and anything that
19 does not pertain to what's absolutely needed for a toolchain to rebuild
20 itself.
23 > > 3. missing uclibc from IUSE in openssl
24 > fixed
25 >
26 > > 4. corrects tar condition in profiles/uclibc/packages
27 > done
28 >
29 > > 5. catalyst and portage (not done yet)
30 > Nope... we have to appeal to other developers/herd to get such things into the tree.
31 >
32 > > Peter
33 > >
35 > > --
36 > > gentoo-embedded@g.o mailing list
37 --
38 Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
39 Gentoo (hardened,security,infrastructure,embedded,toolchain) Developer