From: Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] nslu2 non turbo slug emerge gcc freezes / locks up
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 12:38:24
1 You should of started a new thread for this vs hijacking a sub thread of
2 somebody else's.
3
4 On Mon, 2006-07-10 at 12:44 -0500, nick thompson wrote:
5 > hi all,
6 > I have a nslu2 (non-turbo, "slug") and I have everything up to date
7 > except gcc freezes when untarring the tar.bz2, and I have let it sit for
8 > hours and hours, even overnight, and it sure seems frozen to me. Anyone
9 > seen this?
10
11 Yes I have in the exact same spot. Sadly I never found a solution for
12 that problem. Seems to me that the kernel hates on large file i/o.
13 Perhaps try unpacking it elsewhere and net mounting it.
14
15 or.. build a cross native compiler for armeb.
18 good luck.
21 > Nick
22 >
23 > "All unix, all the time."