From: Natanael Copa <natanael.copa@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] GNAP status
Date: Mon, 12 May 2008 08:10:21
1 On Sat, 2008-05-10 at 13:56 -0400, wireless wrote:
2 > Natanael Copa wrote:
3 >
4 > >> I remember some discussion on GNAP and the fact that some were
5 > >> working on updating it. Does any know the current status
6 > >> of the efforts to update GNAP and when possible it might
7 > >> be suitable (updated) for use on i586 (K6) based hardware?
8 >
9 > > You could also have a look at alpine linux, a gentoo based distro aimed
10 > > for older PC's.
11 >
12 > Alpine does look interesting, but, it looks more like a Debian derivative:
13
14 Can you please define "looks more like a Debian derivative"? I know for
15 sure its based on gentoo.
16
17 > http://wiki.alpinelinux.org/w/index.php?title=Installing_Alpine#Managing_software_packages
18
19 apk-tools was inspired by the freebsd's binary package manager.
20
21 And yes, Alpine is not designed for compile stuff on your target, even
22 if the pacakges are build from gentoo portage tree.
23
24 > Any other gentoo derivatives out there, aimed at older hardware?
27 > James
32 gentoo-embedded@l.g.o mailing list