From: Ed W <lists@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] Testing openmoko
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 12:33:27
1 Daniel Benoy wrote:
2 > I have Fido here in Ontario, and since the iPhone came around their data plans have gotten very reasonable. My entire bill is about $50 and I can go up to 500 megs without overage charges, and up to 5 gigs before the charges start getting punitive. ($15 plan plus 'flexible data rate' option)
3 >
4 > Seemed too good to be true so for the first month I used like 100k and then read my bill carefully :p No problem though.
7 It will get "better" yet...
8
9 Vodafone in the UK started offering an "unlimited" data plan. When you
10 read the small print, "unlimited" is defined as being "up to 500MB"...
11 Curiously enough this has been tested in court now and found to be
12 acceptable. So we now have ADSL broadband plans offering "unlimited
13 access" (* up to 10GB), competing against "capped plans" of up to
14 10GB... crazy..
15
16 In the UK you can buy 1GB/month from "Three" for £10, 3GB for £15.
17 Multiply by about 1.4 to get USD equiv.
18
19 Unusual for the UK to have cheaper plans for anything to do with cell
20 phones though...
21
22 Ed W