From: "Peter S. Mazinger" <ps.m@×××.net>
To: Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-embedded] Re: building a gentoo uclibc system
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 2004 17:12:48
1 On 8 Jun 2004, Ned Ludd wrote:
2
3 > On Tue, 2004-06-08 at 09:19, Peter S. Mazinger wrote:
4 > > Hello!
5 > >
6 > > I am working on a clean gentoo-uclibc system, but some of the packages are
7 > > too old and need too much patching to work w/ uclibc, so I need ~arch
8 > > version. How can I enforce usage of some of the packages that are marked
9 > > as ~arch to be used for uclibc overwriting the keyword ~arch w/ arch.
10 > > I do not want to use generally ~arch, only for some of the packages, and I
11 > > do not want to remark these packages to stable.
12 >
13 > /etc/portage/package.keywords
14 > man 5 portage ; # should have all you need to know about this file.
15 >
16 > > These changes should also work for bootstrap and catalyst stage building.
17
18 are you sure it will work for bootstrap/catalyst?
19
20 > > How are you intending to handle uclibc, should it have a separate profile,
21 > > like uclibc-arch-2004.x and hardened-uclibc-arch-2004.x? the embedded
22 > > subdir is not ok for it (ex. virtual/glibc sys-libs/glibc)
23 >
24 > At one point we had a profile for uclibc which worked most for the
25 > stable tree where we are keeping the old 0.9.21 in stable till the
26 > uclibc toolchain is resolved.
27 >
28 > ( subdir glibc what? ) glibc has no place in the embedded community.
29
30 i know that glibc shouldn't be there, look in
31 /usr/portage/profiles/embedded/virtuals
35 > > Should the '-doc' use flag not been honoured generally (not
36 > > installing any docs, info pages, man pages)?
37 >
38 > # If we are talking firmware you will want to set the
39 > FEATURES="nodoc noman noinfo"
40 > # check out the dyn_preinst() function in your $ROOT/usr/sbin/ebuild.sh
41
42 does this add the files to the built package, but does install them?
43
44 > # the USE (+|-)doc really only applies to some gtk-doc thing.
45 > # But over time it's evolved into it's own thing sorta..
46 >
47 > What I'd like to see happen in due time is for us to take on a feature
48 > set much like openembedded where packages are broken into components
49 > such a pkg-bin pkg-dev pkg-doc.
50 > (-bin contains the ELF's only)
51 > (-dev contains the include.h files)
52 > (-doc contains man pages/documentation)
53
54 that's what I would really like too ;)
55
56 Peter
59 Peter S. Mazinger <ps dot m at gmx dot net> ID: 0xA5F059F2
60 Key fingerprint = 92A4 31E1 56BC 3D5A 2D08 BB6E C389 975E A5F0 59F2
64 Miert fizetsz az internetert? Korlatlan, ingyenes internet hozzaferes a FreeStarttol.
65 Probald ki most! http://www.freestart.hu
68 gentoo-embedded@g.o mailing list