From: Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
To: "Peter S. Mazinger" <ps.m@×××.net>
Cc: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o, genone@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] Re: building a gentoo uclibc system
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 15:06:46
1 On Tue, 2004-06-08 at 13:06, Peter S. Mazinger wrote:
2 > On 8 Jun 2004, Ned Ludd wrote:
6 > > What I'd like to see happen in due time is for us to take on a feature
7 > > set much like openembedded where packages are broken into components
8 > > such a pkg-bin pkg-dev pkg-doc.
9 > > (-bin contains the ELF's only)
10 > > (-dev contains the include.h files)
11 > > (-doc contains man pages/documentation)
12 >
13 > that's what I would really like too ;)
14
15 I was toying with that idea and came up with the following patch for
16 .ebuild.sh to do just this.
17
18 It's probably far from perfect but.. It's enough for you/me/others to
19 start playing with.
20
21 Note: I tbz2tool packed the ebuild data into each sub package, but you
22 can't really install them via the standand portage way of 'emerge -(K|k)
23 as the .ebuild data is packed in there and -doc/-dev .ebuilds don't
24 really exists.
25
26 Hopefully genone will see this mail and smile and say "we could do it a
27 little better if we did XX,YY here" and made it all portage happy like.
28 Or we could probably fake some of the data. I'm not sure yet..
29 Anyway set FEATURES="multipackage" and don't set noman nodoc etc to play
30 with it.
34 > Peter
35 --
36 Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
37 Gentoo (hardened,security,infrastructure,embedded,toolchain) Developer

ebuild.sh-multipackage text/plain
signature.asc application/pgp-signature