From: wireless <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-embedded] Best (US) carrier for eGentoo on Cell ?
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2011 20:06:00
Hello,

I just looked here:
[1] http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/CDMA

I have not kept up with the latest offerings that
purport to allow users control (embedded Gentoo)
over the operating system on their cell phones.

So what is the best phone/network-access to purchase ?

Previously it was T-mobile (here in the US) but
with their pending merger with ATT and LTE looming,
maybe we should wait on full LTE compliance?

Any discussion is most welcome. This inquiry is
motivated by the recent thread about Openmoko and Gentoo.

[2] http://gentoo.mindzoo.de/index.cgi/wiki/native-compiling

[3]
http://kiransway.wordpress.com/2011/03/15/htc-thunderbolt-–-4g-lte-mobile-from-verizon-to-hit-the-us-market-by-march-17/

[4]
http://www.fiercewireless.com/ctialive/story/zte-launch-lte-products-us-later-year/2011-03-23

[5] http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/68993

[6]

Lots of noise, causes me to ask this pedestrian question
on this list: Which phone and which network are best
if your primary issue is using eGentoo on the phone?

James