From: elmar bucher <elmbeech@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] Best (US) carrier for eGentoo on Cell ?
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2011 23:06:49
Hi James,

Well neo freerunner is maybe relative an old phone. Here in Europe I i
got it whit debug board (but whit out microSD card) about two month
ago form http://pulster.de/ (Really pleasant store!)

I just purchase it because of the spirit. Because I like to learn
about phones, stacks, and own the hardware. Why should I buy closed
hardware if there is free one around? My decision was to support the
manufacturers who support free technologies.
In the long run I would like to use this as my daily phone.

I was happy to find a gentoo distro on the openmoko wiki page:
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Main_Page
No experience if there is an other phone where you can install eGentoo to it.
maybe nexus-s or android-dev? I just googled a bit around:
http://developer.android.com/guide/developing/device.html
http://packages.gentoo.org/package/dev-util/android-sdk-update-manager
http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-p-6557341.html?sid=c076eae8e6f195d8f718766b7be8f533
http://benvd.be/gentoo-nexus-s/

No idea about the network access in the US.

So much about my thoughts.
Best Wishes, Elmar

-- Using Gmail? Please read this important notice: http://www.fsf.org/campaigns/jstrap/gmail?8754.