From: Janusz Syrytczyk <jsyrytczyk@×××××××××.pl>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] portage light?
Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2007 12:51:39
1 Dnia środa, 4 lipca 2007 14:38, Natanael Copa napisał:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I wonder if there is a way to filter out things in portage that you dont
5 > want. Like dev-dotnet, games-*, gnome-*, kde-*, x11-*
6 >
7 > My portage tree is over 240MB and its really slow on older computers.
8 >
9 > Any other tips to make portage more lightweight? Not only speed but also
10 > size to save bandwidth/diskspace for my gentoo based project.
11 >
12 > Natanael Copa
13
14 Old subject. I suppose there are plenty of unofficial Portage trees but they
15 are usually not supported (by a person, community).
16
17 I guess the easiest way is to maintain a portage individually. It's not hard
18 and you are guaranteed to have exactly your favourite apps included.
21 Syrytczyk Janusz - Administrator serwerów
22 Centrum Informatyczne Uniwersytetu Opolskiego
23 Nr telefonu: +48 77 452-70-91
24 E-mail: jsyrytczyk@×××××××××.pl
25 --
26 gentoo-embedded@g.o mailing list