From: Christopher Friedt <cfriedt@××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] portage light?
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 13:11:13
1 Janusz Syrytczyk wrote:
2 > Old subject. I suppose there are plenty of unofficial Portage trees but they
3 > are usually not supported (by a person, community).
4 >
5 > I guess the easiest way is to maintain a portage individually. It's not hard
6 > and you are guaranteed to have exactly your favourite apps included.
7
8 I would also suggest having your own portage tree for embedded purposes.
9
10 It's been working for me for quite some time. You can patch your own
11 ebuilds very easily to remove a lot of bloat from the 'mainstream' ebuilds.
12
13 Portage also lends itself very easily to using overlays as
14 'configurations'. What I mean is... you could a) have your own portage
15 tree, and b) have an overlay that configures /etc/files to defaults for
16 client A and c) have another overlay that configures /etc/config for
17 client B
18
19 ~/Chris
20 --