From: billium <billium@×××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] crossdev
Date: Thu, 09 Jul 2009 13:48:31
1 Martin Gysel wrote:
2 > Mike Frysinger schrieb:
3 >
4 >> On Wednesday 08 July 2009 12:14:38 billium wrote:
7 >>> The target is arm cortex with using newlib.
8 >>>
9 >>> If I try crossdev -s3 -t arm-elf-gnueabi
10 >>> in the summary header libc: glibc-[latest]
11 >>> and it fails with BFD does not support target.
12 >>>
13 >>>
14 >> i dont think your tuple makes any sense. i'm pretty sure you want "arm-elf-
15 >> eabi".
16 >> -mike
20 > but if I understand crossdev code correctly with this tuple newlib
21 > doesn't get selected (*-newlib|*-elf but not
22 > *-newlib*|*-elf*).
23 > furthermore AFAIK for the compiler the word eabi is important otherwise
24 > arm eabi isn't selected as default. so my suggestion is to use
25 > arm-softfloat-eabi and change crossdev (add |*-eabi just after
26 > *-newlib|*-elf).
27 > another option would probably be to just change *-elf to *-elf* so that
28 > newlib gets selected but in this case I don't know how gcc behaves...
29 > @mike is there a change to have one of these mods added to crossdev
30 > upstream?
31 >
32 > /martin
36 This is what I have found, hence the cheat mentioned in the first post.
37
38 But I can't cheat and get gdb also.
39
40 Billy