From: Martin Gysel <m.gysel@×××.ch>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] crossdev
Date: Thu, 09 Jul 2009 11:46:42
1 Mike Frysinger schrieb:
2 > On Wednesday 08 July 2009 12:14:38 billium wrote:
3 >
4 >> The target is arm cortex with using newlib.
5 >>
6 >> If I try crossdev -s3 -t arm-elf-gnueabi
7 >> in the summary header libc: glibc-[latest]
8 >> and it fails with BFD does not support target.
11 > i dont think your tuple makes any sense. i'm pretty sure you want "arm-elf-
12 > eabi".
13 > -mike
16 but if I understand crossdev code correctly with this tuple newlib
17 doesn't get selected (*-newlib|*-elf but not
18 *-newlib*|*-elf*).
19 furthermore AFAIK for the compiler the word eabi is important otherwise
20 arm eabi isn't selected as default. so my suggestion is to use
21 arm-softfloat-eabi and change crossdev (add |*-eabi just after
22 *-newlib|*-elf).
23 another option would probably be to just change *-elf to *-elf* so that
24 newlib gets selected but in this case I don't know how gcc behaves...
25 @mike is there a change to have one of these mods added to crossdev
26 upstream?
27
28 /martin