From: Peter Stuge <peter@×××××.se>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] software choices for embedded system
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 21:33:40
1 On Wed, Jul 11, 2007 at 09:53:48PM +0100, Marcelo Coelho wrote:
2 > How can I trim the package set that would be emerged together with
3 > the cron daemon or other packages?
4
5 First, add -t to the emerge to get a tree view of the dependencies.
6
7 Then there are a few options; either make your own ebuilds in an
8 overlay, or make your own profile which can be used to enforce some
9 packages or not, or finally just tweak the use flags.
12 > When emerging with the ROOT var (eg.: /var/system), the make.conf
13 > file that is used is the one that is located at that location (eg.:
14 > /var/system/etc/make.conf) ?
15
16 /etc/make.conf I believe. ROOT may not have any make.conf.
19 > What normally are the packages that you guys use as minimal system?
20
21 Well, I may be obnoxious but I do a stage4 with catalyst (total 200
22 packages or so) and then trim it down using unmerge, empty and rm in
23 the spec file to suite. catalyst doesn't do cross yet AFAIK so if you
24 need that it's not really an option I guess.
27 //Peter
28 --
29 gentoo-embedded@g.o mailing list