From: Marcelo Coelho <marcelocoelho@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-embedded] software choices for embedded system
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 20:54:57
1 Hi!
4 I'm trying to create a minimal system and using the ROOT var to set
5 the location where I want the packages to be installed.
6
7 The problems arise when I tried to choose a cron daemon: I would have
8 to install 39 packages, including portage.
9
10 How can I trim the package set that would be emerged together with the
11 cron daemon or other packages?
12
13 When emerging with the ROOT var (eg.: /var/system), the make.conf file
14 that is used is the one that is located at that location (eg.:
15 /var/system/etc/make.conf) ?
16
17 What normally are the packages that you guys use as minimal system?
20 Thanks for the help!
21 --
22 gentoo-embedded@g.o mailing list